Monday, January 31, 2011

My Mission is To Help You Save Money

I intend to help you save money on your monthly expenses. These expenses include but are not limited to: food (perisihable and non-perishable), toiletries, household items, and personal care items.  I'll help you do this by posting the weekly deals to be had at local stores including Metro, IGA, Loblaws, Maxi, Pharmaprix, Jean Coutu, Zellers, Walmart and more.  I will let you know the best places each week to purchase your meat/poultry and produce, and where you can score some great deals when using coupons. And I'll provide tips on how to maximize loyalty programs including the Air Miles and Pharmaprix Optimum Point Programs.

Being a frugal shopper does not mean you must sacrifice the ability to eat quality food or fresh food. It does not mean you will have to eat meals prepared out of the freezer or a box.  Nor will you be left eating tons of processed foods. It is possible to both eat healthy and save money. And I will show you how.

In our house, I do all the shopping, but my husband, Matthew, does all the cooking. He has an amazing passion and love for cooking. I am a very lucky man.  Fortunately, we balance each other out. He does the cooking, and I do the shopping and cleaning.  I intend to post my weekly shopping trips including how much I paid, the coupons I used, and how much I saved. At the same time, I plan to also post the meals we are eating as family.

Stay tuned for how we use weekly meal planning as a tool to save money and eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment